Do you know how long I’ve wanted to write those words?
How long they’ve danced on the tip of my tongue, practicing for when they would one day be true?
And now they are.
- 2017 – Wrote a 40,000-word story based on the words “futuristic Rapunzel”
- 2017-2020 – Continued editing and writing; dabbling in submitting to publishers.
- 2020 – Dedicated the whole Pandemic Summer to finishing my novel.
- 2021 – Submitted to a couple publishers; entered into Lost Island Press contest.
- 2022 – WON the Lost Island Press contest!
I don’t know much details-wise yet, but I’m set to have a meeting this week to discuss the publishing plan! We’ll probably be renaming the novel, and I’ll also be refreshing and cleaning up the middle/end to make it even more snappy.